1. In these conditions;
(a) The "Owner" is The Main Event 2018 Limited
(b) The "Hirer" is the person or entity hiring equipment from the Owner.
(c) The "Equipment" means all the equipment and accessories supplied by the Owner to the Hirer.
FEES and CHARGES
2. The Equipment is hired at either daily or weekend rates. Prices are GST exclusive. Published prices may be subject to change without notice.
3. Payments by credit charge are subject to a 3.5% surcharge.
4. The hire period will commence from the date of delivery or pick up of the Equipment until the Equipment is either returned to by the Hirer or collected by the Owner.
5. Quotes are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
6. A bond is required on all Equipment which will be refunded on return of all Equipment in its original condition (including all packaging).
7. The Hirer agrees that all charges for hire loss, hire extension, damage and repair will be paid and that all collection fees, legal fees or any expenses involved in the collection of these charges will be borne by the Hirer.
8. Prices quoted are for delivery on street level. Additional charges may be payable for difficult access areas and changes to confirmed delivery/collection addresses.
9. A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to confirm the booking; full payment must be made 2 weeks prior to delivery. Deposits are required for all orders, with the exception of orders placed less than 14 days from delivery require full payment to confirm the booking.
10. The Hirer authorizes the Owner to complete documentation for the purpose of the Hirer making payment through a credit card system extended to the Hirer and accepted by the Owner. 11. The Hirer shall be responsible for the payment of any tax or duty levied on the hire and/or delivery of goods including GST.
12. Cancellation of orders will forfeit all booking deposits. Refunds are made via bank deposit and incur a $25 administration fee.
a. Cancellations that are made more than 10 business days from delivery will receive a refund of any funds remitted, excluding the booking deposit.
b. Cancellations made less than 10 business days from delivery will receive a refund for the delivery and collection fees only - the cost for hire equipment is considered as cost of lost opportunity and is not refundable.
c. No refund applies for customer pickups cancelled less than 10 days from collection.
d. No refund applies for equipment cancelled on delivery.
e. No refund applies to deposits.
f. Booking deposits are non-transferable.
LIABILITY and INDEMNITY
13. The Hirer is responsible for the Equipment from the time of delivery until collection by the Owner. The Hirer agrees to take proper care of the Equipment and agrees to indemnify the Owner against all damage, breakage, loss or theft of Equipment (including packaging) at full replacement cost. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to guard against Equipment damage, breakage, loss or theft until the Equipment is returned to the Owner. The Owner does not insure the Equipment outside of its premises or vehicles.
14. The Owner's count and/or decision as to condition of the Equipment prior to dispatch and on return shall be final.
15. All cutlery is to be returned rinsed, food free & re-packed in the delivery containers. CUTLERY MUST NOT BE CLEANED USING DETERGENT OR AN AUTOMATIC DISHWASHER AS THIS WILL RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE ELECTROPLATING ON THE CUTLERY.
16. Tables and chairs may be used for outside functions during fine weather but must not be left outside overnight or in the event of rain.
17. The Owner is not liable for any loss suffered by the Hirer or liability incurred by the Hirer as a result of the breakdown of the Equipment howsoever caused. In the event of breakdown, the Hirer must immediately notify the Owner by telephone.
18. The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the correct manner of use of the Equipment.
19. The Hirer shall accept liability for any injury or damage caused to the Hirer or associate users and their property.
20. The Owner will not be liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond its control.
21. Deliveries made to third parties or unoccupied premises are made entirely at the Hirer’s risk.
22. All Equipment is carefully checked when packed. It is the Hirer's responsibility to check the Equipment upon delivery and notify the Owner of any discrepancies and/or damages between the Equipment supplied and the Equipment ordered. Complaints made after the return or pickup of Equipment will not be considered.
23. All Equipment shall be placed in an accessible position if being collected by the Owner. Return visits to collect missing Equipment will incur additional fees.
24. All Equipment remains the property of the Owner.
25. Where the Hirer is more than one person liability shall be joint and several.
26. The Owner reserves the right to charge the credit card supplied by the Hirer for any damaged, broken, lost or stolen Equipment within 14 days of the hire period.
27. By making a booking through confirming a quote via signature, deposit payment or remittance of funds, the Hirer acknowledges and agrees to the Owner's Terms and Conditions.
28. The Owner reserves the right to take photos at event locations utilising the Owner's equipment. Photos are taken with a focus on the Equipment and are selected with due care to exclude recognisable private property and persons. Photos may be used in publications or other media produced, used, or contracted by the Owner.